As it is valentines week, you may know I'm posting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and for today i'm showing you how to make some lovely heart shaped biscuits covered in chocolate. These could be used as a gift for someone, or if you're like me and haven't got a valentine, you could make them for your best friend or family like i did.
This is just a plain biscuit recipe that is super easy to make, but you could add different flavours to make them a bit more exciting if you'd like.
You will need:
- Margerine/butter - 100g
- Caster sugar - 50g
- Plain flour - 125g
- Chocolate for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 160oc.
2. Line a baking tray to stop biscuits sticking, I like to use a small dust of flour on each one.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together.
4. Mix in the flour, and then bring together using your hands to knead into a ball.
5. Roll out to about 1cm thick and cut out your shapes placing them on the baking tray.
6. Place in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
7. After cooked take out and place on cooling rack until completely cool.
8. Melt your selected chocolate in a bowl, I did mine in the microwave, but you can melt it over boiling water on the hob too, be careful not to burn it or yourself as this happened with my white chocolate.
9. Decorate you biscuits however you wish and leave to cool.